Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Childhood Memories

Ah, the joys of childhood, oh how we remember them all! This is in response to Jason's "5 Childhood Memories" post (http://leftcheek.blogspot.com). Props to him by the way!

Childhood Memories, in no particular order:

1.
Feathered Bangs! Let's just say, ladies...what were we thinking? I look back now and for some reason I can remember thinking that feathered bangs were the greatest thing in the world, I mean the possibilities were endless with hairdos. Although embarassment is slight when these are brought back to memory, laughter ensues on my part. I cannot help but laugh at myself.

2.
Double-Layered Socks! I luckily, wasn't a hardcore victim of this craze, but still, older sister!! But, I did happen to adore my multi-colored socks. I thought it was just great to have pink socks and blue socks and all sorts of colors, and sadly I have the pictures to prove it!

3.
New Kids on the Block! Let me just tell you, I adored NKOTB. They were definitely the greatest thing since sliced bread! I had the dolls and the covers, oh geeze...I was in love with these guys...too bad they broke up. I'm waiting for the reunion! :-)

4.
Easy Bake Oven & Woodburning Kit! I loved my Easy Bake Oven! Yes Jason, cooking by a lightbulb was the greatest invention ever! My sister's woodburning kit was great too, and still I don't understand, unsafe toys...I mean seriously, you gave a child a metal rod that heated to 5000 degrees and let them run free with it...hey I had fun!

5.
80's Movies
! Kara, this one is for you! The Breakfast Club, Footloose...oh the list goes on and on and never gets old to me! I love them all! Only one thing left to say...Teen Witch comes out on DVD on July 12!!! :-)

Well I hope this has amused you, at least in the slightest of terms...cause I know it's made me laugh...more later yo!

Destiny><>

3 Comments:

Blogger jasdye said...

sorry i didn't make the rules clear, des.

usually, with a meme, it's a sort of prayer chain type of deal. i get tagged, i tag five others, each one of them tags another and so on and so forth.

i did have trouble picking my five or four. most of the ones i talk to or that visit my site on a reg basis at all are ones chris already picked. literally, you were the only real person in that lineup. i mean, i choose pikachoo?

i'll teach you how to do a cool link later. and the mention of the easy bake oven's coming later.

peace,
j.

6:38:00 PM  
Blogger jasdye said...

wood burning kit, for real? how old was she?

hey, i got adult friends who wear - or wore, hopefully they got over it - not just multicolored socks, but ones with separated toes. you just wanna hit 'em, "stop wigglin' around, dang it."

maybe that's just me. don't care for the feets.

6:43:00 PM  
Blogger Destiny said...

well my sis was 4 years older than I, so she got the woodburning kit probably around 12 or something, I loved that beast! I always wanted to make pretty plaques for my mommy! :-)

the multicolored socks were fun, now I just stick with white..I'm content with that. the toe socks...oh my...I had some of them...sadly...they actually were quite comfortable...but man were they hot. oh well!

D

9:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home